Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Say What?

Last night, we (I mean *I*) did legs.  Lots of leg workouts.  Then I did 15 minutes cardio.  Carlos suggested that I push for 30 on the elliptical, but hello?  He KILLED my legs last night. 

Carlos was really funny about it.  He would tell me what he wanted me to do with a big grin on his face, and I'd stare at him and say, "What??"  He was always serious.  Like stepping up on a bench and back down rapidly -- lunges.  And then added weights to it.  Or, he'd ask me if I wanted to do it, and I would say, "NO." And do it anyway.  Oh, or the time he handed me a weight and told me it was 20 pounds but after I'd done 4 sets of 15 reps, he admitted it was really 30 because he couldn't find the 20 pounder. 

I was going to post last night but I came home, got cleaned up, and fell asleep.  And that was that. I'm stiff this morning.  But it is a good stiff.  I can even still walk.  We'll see how things are in another 8 hours or so (when the stiffness and soreness usually hit me full on), but for now ... I feel good. 
We only have 3 more appointments and then it's all me -- me pushing myself.  I haven't done so well at that lately, but by golly, I'm going to try!

No comments: