Monday, March 5, 2012

Good *bleary eyed* morning

I haven't been doing so well with my resolutions for the year.  I own that.

Life often isn't kind.  We've had a lot of struggles this year already.  It's only March 5.

I asked my husband a few weeks ago if he would walk with me every day.  He sort of blew it off.  Then last night, he asked me, "So when are we going to start walking?"  Um.  Tomorrow.

So we woke up at 6 this morning.  We left the littles asleep in the capable care of their older sister (who got ready for school on time!) and went for a walk.

In the cold.

Before we'd even gone a couple of blocks, my back started hurting.  I know this extra weight is what's doing it.  It's not a good feeling.

But we walked for about a mile.

Did I mention it was cold?

Came home and I got in the shower.  Nice and warm.  I'm all clean and feeling fine now, and my back feels happy after getting warmed up again.

There are other changes afoot today, this week, this year.  This sentence keeps replaying in my head:

If I want to see drastic changes, I must first make drastic changes.

And that's pushing me to do the things I want and need to do.

Even early in the morning, when it's cold.

1 comment:

*ehu. said...

Dang. I guess I know who's pulling out her bike tomorrow morning, so she can look back in a few months and be grateful she lost some weight before beach season.... Thanks for the "drastic change" quote.