Thursday, March 8, 2012

These shoes were made for walking

It's Thursday.  I decided this week would be the beginning of the changes.

I made a list of things I know I need to do to get healthy.  Some are smaller changes than others.  Quitting Pepsi is probably going to be the biggest challenge.

I'm not ready for that yet.

This week, I've walked 4 days.  Two with the husband, two with the kids.  It's pretty cool when I've decided, "oh, I'll walk tomorrow," to have my kids all come and ask to go for a walk with me.  That's motivation.  Maybe I can get the kids on board with keeping me on track the week I quit Pepsi.  

Anyway. I have two more days to go and intend to walk both of them, no matter who decides to come with me.

The crazy part is that I've been craving more fruits and veggies while implementing just this one change.  Still drinking Pepsi.  Still eating sugar.  Those are other things on my list.  There are a lot of them.

After successfully completing this week with walking, I'm going to choose another change to make next week.    By the end of the summer, I should be pretty far into my list and feeling much better, whether the scale reflects the changes or not.  The number on the scale isn't what's driving me.  My health sure is though.

I'm going to try and post twice a week from here on out:  Once to post the change I've chosen for the week and the other post as an update.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

MamaBear said...

y'know, if you don't quit pepsi "cold turkey," it will probably be easier on you AND the family. just a thought. :D

you could dilute it with caffeine-free... you could dilute it with water until you hate the taste... you could drink 6 ounces this week instead of 8 when you want some, and then 4 next week, etc.

but however you choose to do it, i know you can do it!

Danielle said...

That is awesome E! I have quit the diet coke/pepsi for months at a time and it is a wonderful thing. It is just so darn hard to STAY off it, kwim? It is stinking addictive! So I wish you luck. And very cool that the kiddos and hubby are helping with motivation! <3<3