Thursday, March 15, 2012

Livestrong

I've been tracking my calories and walking every day.  I've only managed to stay within my 1800 calorie goal one day so far this week, but have significantly cut my caloric intake.  It's that time of the month here, so I've had a bit of bloat and lots and lots of cravings, many of which I've given into, though I have avoided chocolate completely.  I have only had one headache this week.  It was last night and wasn't too bad.

Still having a bit of Pepsi every day, but that has been drastically cut back.  I totally ate comfort food for dinner last night -- homemade mac and cheese with bacon and onions.  hello.  I also ate a huge salad and a nectarine.  lol.  Eating more fruits and veggies and less junk overall.

However, because I've only managed to stay within my calories once, I don't think I'm adding a new change next week.  I really don't want to sabotage myself because I want and expect these changes to stick.  If I stay in my calories the rest of the week, I may change my mind by Monday.  The one I will be adding is "no eating after 8 p.m." which may actually help stay within the calories.  HA!


Even on my worst cycle day with cramps and backache, we still walked about half a mile yesterday.  I'm pretty proud of myself for that.  It's been so awesome to have Little Mister ask me every day to go for a walk and run in the stroller and play outside.  He's loving having a more involved and active mommy, and I know VOD is, too.  She got really upset with me yesterday when she got in trouble, because I told her she got to stay home from the walk and clean her room.  I relented and she picked up her dirty laundry when we got home.

As of right now, I'm down 7 pounds from my high weight this week with the pre-period bloat, which is down 4 pounds from my high last week.  I know that will slow down eventually, but I'm loving seeing some results so quickly!  I feel less bloated and have more energy for the most part.  Can't wait to see what happens in the coming weeks and months!

p.s.  I have no idea why some of the words in this post have hyperlinks.  Bizarre-o.

No comments: