Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday Musings

I know I'm biased, but I have the best kid.  Runner Girl had her foot surgery on Friday on both feet, has a cast on her left foot and bandages on her right, and today?  Has helped watch her hyper brother and she did the dishes.  She's wiped out now and resting on the couch, but she's had a long day, starting with getting woken up by her brother so we could go to the podiatrist for her 3-day postop check.

They took her bandages off her right foot and checked her incision.  She is healing just fine, everything looks great, and Dr. Mark is happy with the arch that is now there.  He re-bandaged her and sent us on our way.  She gets her stitches out next Monday!  Her cast will stay on for 4 weeks total, and then she'll be in bandages for a while after that as well.

We've been fairly swamped since, though DisGrace and her kids have been tremendous helps with Little Mister (a.k.a. Busy).  I need to reclaim my house from disaster zones though ... but I'm still working on Christmas prezzies, so that's going to have to wait until next week.  Every spare minute is used knitting, crocheting, or sewing something.  Or making cookies (which I did tonight for The Rock's co-workers and boss).

At any rate, Runner Girl should be good to start training in March.  Which means I need to get my own training in gear so I can keep up with her. I can't run being this fat.  I can't do much of anything.  It's not easy making changes, even when they are necessary, and I keep slipping up or running out of time to do my workouts or whatever, because I'm so busy with the kids.  I'm not sure how to rectify it, but I am working on it.

Merry Christmas, dear readers.  I am not sure if I will be back before then.  And if that's not your belief system, have a great week!  ;)

No comments: