Thursday, April 5, 2018

Back to Basics

A few weeks ago, before the events of the protective order, Moe and I came to terms with the fact that we were not doing well and would likely end up divorced.  Moe called our bishop and told him that he was moving out. 

The bishop said he couldn't tell us what to do, whether to stay in it or go our separate ways, but he did counsel us to go back to the basics as a family.

Basics.  Prayers, scriptures, church attendance, time together.  While the two of us were less than successful together, we were able to begin reading scriptures and praying with the children.  Since I left a week ago, the children and I have had more quality time together.  We spent hours swimming in the pool at our temporary home in the hotel.  We've had long talks together, played games, gone for drives, watched movies, and have started remodeling the boys' room. 

[Three cats can destroy a room faster than 4 children.  Just sayin'.]

The children and I are currently having prayers twice a day and reading a verse of scriptures together at night, then discussing what that might mean to us today.  They are getting along better together than they were before, though part of that may be attributed to the fact that there isn't a ton of fighting in the home right now, too.

I've been paying my tithing faithfully for quite some time, thankfully, though I need to still pay it from this last payday.  I know we've been blessed for that -- I'm not getting as sick as the rest of the family, the bills are still able to be paid, and we still can feed the kids even though looking at the money every month things are bleak. 

Basics.  Love, faith, hope, trust, pixie dust.

And maybe, just maybe, peace.

No comments: