Saturday, December 3, 2011

Happy holidays!

Hello dear readers!

Thanksgiving was a bust at our house: the stomach flu came for a visit.  YAY!

Little Mister woke up at 5 puking, and VOD started around 8.  I felt fine and so did The Rock, so I cooked anyway.  We didn't go anywhere and just had a chill day at home in between puke episodes.  The Rock and I had dinner around 2 ... and I started feeling sick around 4.

I don't know if I'll ever eat dressing again.

But!  The Rock!  He was off for the long weekend and helped clean up after the kids and me and was loving and kind and helpful.  It was awesome!

A few days later, I was feeling much better and cleaning the kitchen and I realized something.  Even though I didn't do my routine for several days and there was stuff EVERYWHERE (because, let's face it, even though The Rock had a decent weekend didn't mean he turned into a neat freak), it took less time to clean up the kitchen after Thanksgiving than it did a year ago.  Because it was already CLEAN, just cluttered.  Crazy.

One thing I discovered I love about my kitchen is that the counter top is so big, nice and wide, that it makes a great cutting surface -- more than big enough for my cutting mat and rotary cutter and lots of fabric.

This means I've been crafting and not doing homework, but I'm working on my research paper finally.  Woohoo!  Hoping to get it done by 12/15 so I can enjoy Christmas with the family.

Assuming the stomach flu stays far, far away.

No comments: