Sunday, May 6, 2018

Just when I thought life couldn't get any weirder ...

It's been an interesting couple weeks since my birthday.

I started a new job the day before my birthday, and that's going well.  I think.  (I hope they like me as much as I think they do ...)

I started a graduate school program for nursing educations so I can teach baby nursing students in the classroom setting.

Motau started a job with UPS and passed all of his classes with B's, despite everything that's been happening with him and between us.

The 18yo started a new job, too, paying more money more consistently.

The little kids are struggling, just like I expected, and just like the rest of us.  I'm trying to get them into therapy ASAP because it can only help at this point.

I went on a date with my husband last weekend.  That was weird.  We've dated during our marriage, so that wasn't weird.  It was weird to go on one with him right now, when we're separated and unsure of the future.  It was weird having him make dinner, open doors, and cater to me.  He's done those things before, but definitely not when we've been fighting or not getting along.

It's weird when he comes to visit the kids at our house.  It's weird to have family scriptures and prayers with him here -- the kids and I do that almost every night, but it's weird to have him join us.  It's weird to have long heart-to-heart talks about why we are where we are. 

It's weird to have him actually hear me.

I'm just not sure what to think of all of this.  It's weird to have filed for a divorce and then have my husband decide he wants to make things work.  It's weird that he's being kind to me, even after having him forcibly removed from our house.

It's also super weird to have his brother living with us still, but at least that's a nice weird, not an awkward weird.

No comments: