Thursday, June 4, 2015

Shame, Shame, Shame

I was scrolling through my Facebook feed today and came across a post from a friend who linked a recipe to a dessert.  Two friends commented it looked good.  The third?  "Fattening ladies ..." with a passive-aggressive smiley face.

Sorrynotsorry, that triggered something in me.

So I replied.

"Eat a cookie. It won't kill you. Or make you fat. Eating more calories than you burn is what is fattening. Sure, there are more nutrient dense foods to eat, but uh ... it is possible to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight and be fit and still have the damn cookie."

Because I'm at a point in my life where I just have to say:  STOP THE SHAMING.  Who gives a rat's ass if someone else decides to eat a cookie?  Really?  If you have that much time to worry about other people's food choices, you have far bigger issues with your life.

Food shaming, fat shaming, behavior shaming, parents shaming other parents, parents shaming their children ... it all really amounts to the same thing: It is all bullying. And it needs to stop.  Now.


No comments: