Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I am going to hurt tomorrow.

After several months of not consistently working out or lifting weights, basically only doing some cardio and not even regularly, I made it back to the gym today.  (That's 2 days in a row; I can't remember the last time I did that.)  And today, I lifted.  Not as heavy as I'd been lifting before, but heavy enough.

Except, it wasn't enough.

I kept pushing and adding weights until I realized I have to walk tomorrow and deal with school and tiny desks and giant backpacks and homework and ... yeah ... um.  Dumb.

I did stop way before I hit my personal records for weights, and I'm sure it looked like I was wimping out.  But man, I was feeling it before I hobbled out of the gym.  I'm feeling it more now, even after an epsom salt bath.  But it is a good hurt!

Here's the thing:  I don't really get a runner's high from cardio.  I realized today, I get high from lifting.  I LOVE IT.  Add more weight, do another set, keep going.  It is what I enjoy the most when it comes to formal exercise.

I hope I get some sleep tonight so I can be at the gym at 5 tomorrow to do HIIT again before classes.

Speaking of classes ... I need to find a play to watch this weekend.  *bad word*  Since our whole family was sick, I missed opportune moments and have a paper due next week for my theater class.  Wheee.  I also have 3 exams next week, so that's going to be way too much fun!  There's a meme going around facebook about how every week feels like finals week in nursing school.  It's more like every other week at this point, but I'm only on week 6 or 7 ... so ... we'll see how things pan out.

Must get some rest tonight.

No comments: