Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Monday!

No school today.  We're all thrilled with that fact!

I told The Rock yesterday that I absolutely have to make some big changes because I am tired of being tired and fat and in pain.  He, like always, said, "I support you in that."  But sometimes, the follow through and helping with the kids doesn't compute.  

So last night before bed, he asked what time I wanted to go to the gym today.  "um, 6-ish."  He said that was a good idea, since we don't have school.  It would let me sleep in a little bit.  Then he also said, "Hey, I can take the kids to school on Tuesday and Thursday so you can go to the gym during that time."  Which is what we USED to do, but this term things changed, so I haven't been able to.  Well.  About 4-ish Little Mister climbed in bed with me because he had a bad dream, and ... that was that.  I didn't get out to the gym.

Instead of getting grouchy or mad about it, I just decided to go later.  When The Rock saw the boy in the bed, he said, "I know you're not going right now.  Please make sure you go later, OK?"  Heck yeah, thanks for supporting me for real!

So I really did get to the gym.

I'm still doing baby steps to get to where I want to be as far as conditioning, strength, and endurance go.  Eventually, I'd like to be able to run 5 miles nonstop.  I'm not sure I'm crazy enough to do a marathon or an ultra like my cousin ... So I did HIIT today -- five 1-minute runs, walking 2 minutes in between.  I am energized but also tired, and the fatigue in my body is different than the pains I get when I'm more sedentary.

Today, I'm going to plan my lifting for tomorrow, and I will be at the gym at 8 in the morning.  I just have to buckle down and do it.  End of story.

No comments: