Friday, January 17, 2014

Two weeks of the first semester of nursing school done!

I'm taking 13 or 14 credits, most of which are nursing classes.  I'm still working on some generals for my bachelor's degree.  It's been a long two weeks, but also very good.  I feel more settled into my classes and the expectations, and even though we're still just getting into the groove, it feels good to get started.  We wore our scrubs today for the first time as they are only required on clinical lab days.  (Actual clinicals when we'll be working with actual patients don't start until close to the end of term.)

My kids are surviving at my mom and dad's, with my sister and her kids helping babysit.  I know it's hard on everyone but I sure appreciate their help.

I'm going to be doing some batch cooking this weekend -- casseroles to heat up for dinner, breakfast burritos for my breakfast, muffins for the kids.  I did really well most nights, but there were a couple nights that didn't go so well, and cooking and eating breakfast at dark-thirty in the morning isn't easy either.

I'm also hoping to get back to the gym next week.  I just need to make the plan and stick to it so I can.

The Rock's bipolar is helping keep me on my toes, too.  Even in the midst of chaos, most of the time, I feel at peace and comforted that everything is going to be OK.  There are days I feel lost and confused, and that's generally a reflection of The Rock's days where he's not doing so well.

I'd better go work on dinner.  The littles are starving ... so the 5yo is cleaning up toys while he waits for dinner.  He wants a smiley face!  The other kids are hanging out downstairs, hopefully cleaning up toys too.  Ha.

1 comment:

daffodillysun said...

I'm so excited for you as you begin this journey. It is a hard road, but so very worth the work. Congratulations for a good start!

Jada